Useful Information


It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.

Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit

For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.

Up to date travel advice can be obtained from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, visit

Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling.

If travelling to the USA or Canada, these countries have strict ESTA / ETA entry conditions which may result in passengers visas being delayed/denied if anyone in the party has any minor or criminal convictions including driving offences.

Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine readable passports. Please check

For travel to the USA, including Alaska, you will need to complete the online ESTA WAIVER authorisation for entry into the USA

On the 18th December 2015 the US Congress passed a Bill updating the requirements for the VISA WAIVER PROGRAMME (VWP): under the new rules, which effect from the 1st April 2016 all travellers wishing to enter the USA under the VWP will need to hold a passport with an integrated chip.

Note changes to US ESTA Requirements – The US Authorities have made changes to their entry requirements which will affect any dual nationality customer who has a passport issued by another country which is eligible under the US Waiver programme and a passport issued by Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria. These customers with dual nationality will no longer be able to enter the US using an ESTA under the visa waiver programme. In addition any customer who has an ESTA and that has visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia or Yemem since 1 March 2011 should also expect not to be able to use the visa waiver programme. These customers will require a US visa for future travel to the US and, should contact their local US Embassy – Does this apply to any clients on this booking.

For travel to Canada you will be required to complete an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA). Under Canada’s new eTA programme, British Citizens will need to obtain an online authorisation before flying to Canada. An eTA can be applied for online and is valid for 5 years from the day on which it is issued to the applicant.  For further info visit: apply for the eTA visit

We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.


Before you travel you should take advice about your specific needs as early as possible.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Travel Advice Unit has up-to-date information for most destinations –   select the destination you require and click on ‘health’.   Further travel health advice can be found on and

If you need to take medication with you when you travel remember to check on the medication you are allowed/not allowed to carry into the country/countries you are visiting.


You should check your immunisation records with your GP, a practice nurse, a pharmacist or travel health clinic against the requirements of the country / countries you are visiting at least 8 weeks prior to travelling. For more information on vaccinations visit the National Travel Health Network Centre

If you are visiting a European Union (EU) country it is recommended that you should apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and take it with you when you travel. You can obtain an application form from a main Post Office or you can apply online for a free card Some travel insurance policies require you to obtain an EHIC card – please check before you travel.


  • Tourist taxes / resort fees may be applicable locally and are regularly being introduced.
  • If a member of your party has mobility needs you will need to complete the ABTA checklist.
  • Always check that you have adequate travel insurance to cover each specific trip.
  • When hiring a car you will need to take a clean driving licence and valid major credit card with you.
  • It is now becoming common practice for airlines to charge to pre-book seats. For up to date details regarding seating, baggage and general information please refer to your airline website. Note: seat selections are not binding as per the Airline’s Conditions of Carriage.
  • Remember to check in online prior to departure for your outbound and inbound flights, where appropriate, and re-confirm transfers if applicable.
To discuss your holiday requirements please call 07799 735400